As Marketing Director at Fnatic, you will be a pivotal part of our global team, leading growth initiatives across our brand and products, with distinct focus on delivering strong ROI and driving Fnatic Gear sales.
You will be an exceptional leader, able to align our marketing function with our company mission and help amplify all the content, products and experiences we create. You’ll oversee a growing team (around 15 currently), in areas from events, influencer marketing, paid social to campaign management, and champion the growth through a sophisticated performance/data-driven framework around this. In some ways you’ll play the ‘scientist’ to our sea of creatives in the office, intuitively knowing how to leverage both approaches to delight our existing fan and customer base, and attract audiences new to our brand and products.
You’ll have a direct impact on Fnatic’s commercial success, driving awareness of partnership opportunities for brands that set the standard for esports, through to product campaigns for our latest Fnatic Gear releases.
Based at our London HQ in the heart of Shoreditch, you’ll work in close collaboration with the Brand Director, CEO and Founder, and bring a relentless desire to be the best in all that you do.
Your mission is to:
- Devise and own the marketing strategy for the Fnatic and Fnatic Gear brands, aligning the function with business goals, and manage budget and day-to-day operations accordingly
- Define, build and manage the appropriate channel mix to achieve an integrated marketing approach across our Fnatic Gear, Apparel and Pro-Gaming divisions
- In collaboration with the Brand Director, ensure all marketing activity reflects brand vision and strategy
- Support the launch of new products, and provide insights to maximise market potential
- Establish a data-driven approach within Marketing, defining the metrics the business should care about and feedback associated market/audience insights
- Collaborate with our in-house Content function to deliver on Marketing strategic requirements, ensuring projects are adequately supported/resourced
- Develop a best in class Performance Marketing vertical, delivering great return on investment
- Ensure the Marketing function is positioned to promote Partnerships and support deliverables and create great experiences for our commercial partners
- Manage our Events specialism across our Pro-Gaming presence, product activations/experiential and general brand activity
- Oversee PR and influencer activity, defining desired messaging to grow our reputation across consumer, investor and corporate channels
- Grow market insight, regularly taking the pulse of our target market to ensure our marketing strategy delivers on objectives
- Line manage Marketing vertical leads, taking an active role in their ongoing development and grow overall capability of the Marketing function
- Support Marketing talent acquisition efforts, leading on candidate assessment and providing appropriate feedback
- Contribute to the broader growth of Fnatic as a senior leader within the business
We’re looking for:
- Extensive experience as a marketing leader in a global B2C/direct to consumer business
- A strong track record of marketing-led business growth from previous organisations
- An innovative mindset but one that is always driven by data and insights
- Being a motivational people manager, a calm voice in an ever-changing environment
- Startup experience, and comfort in things moving fast
- International expertise, with oversight of activity in multiple global territories
- Previous ownership of large marketing budgets, without being overly reliant on them
- Demonstrable success maximising organic opportunities
- Fluency in other languages desirable
What we have to offer:
- Work for the largest and most recognisable brand in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world
- A full stack of tech and gear to perform at the office, in game and just to make you happy!
- Friends and Family discounts on our products