Digital Media Director
A little about us
We are Fnatic born in 2004 into the new world of electronic sports (Esports), our charismatic pro-gamers have won thousands of tournaments across more than 20 games, the most out of any organisation. Through these achievements, we’ve grown to over 10 million fans on social media, with 100’s of millions more watching our pro-gamers compete globally each month.
Our mission is to lead the new world sport into every household through contents products and experiences, with the goal of becoming the first globally recognised lifestyle brand emerging from Esports.
You’ll help to define the heart and soul of our tribe, being responsible for social media strategy, reputation management, PR to business and consumer media, unifying all of our content platforms and creating a ‘goto’ home for everything Fnatic.
Fnatic is the home of esports, we live and breathe playful tech, and have created a business that is shaping the world with our footprint, you’ll be the enabler to tell our story.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creative content lead and concept development for Fnatic and partners, developing and overseeing channels, content & communications for our Global operation.
- Experimenting with content, analysing content consumption and developing content channels on the back of it.
- Responsible for editorial, audience development & commercial strategies, encompassing all content formats.
- Work closely with the video production team to develop new concepts, aligning with business development activities to determine current and potential partner needs and future productions.
- Enhance our commercial knowledge, identifying revenue growth opportunities, focussing on content monetisation strategies and execution.
- Social media is big for us and it needs to be in your DNA. With the global social media team, you are responsible for the way we drive the 24/7 conversations with our community.
- Developing our brand identity through a content strategy that that is consistent across all our communication channels, managing and developing new ones depending on the audience.
- In addition expect a contribution to create content for other marketing activities, for example DM campaigns for either our community or B2B audience.
- You’ll be working in close co-operation with the Head of Production, whose team of writers and social media experts will be contributing to the delivery of assets for the content you create, whether text, visuals, video or other type of content.
- We need both an online and offline media strategist.
Skills we believe are required to be successful
- To be successful, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the eSports and Fnatic community. For that you’ll listen and gather the data to understand how content is consumed, but also get under the skin of what drives our fans.
- You love writing and have a thorough understanding how to create quality content that is valued and read by our audiences, captivating them and encouraging them to participate in a dialogue with us.
- You’ll need to be diligent in grammatical standards for both yourself and and our content producers, enforcing your standards across all of our channels.
- You’re outgoing and curious by nature, figuring out what moves our community through analysing data or asking questions and being a great listener.
- Since it’s likely you will need to juggle with multiple projects or deliverables, you’d make a good impression showing us your organisation and project management skills.
- You’re a flexible person who’s pro-active in understanding situations, providing solutions or escalate matters when required.
- You have a good set of people management skills and are able to balance business needs with your team’s needs.
- We hope you stay calm under pressure, either when pressured under time or by feedback. You appreciate content can be a subjective thing, but through understanding stakeholders’ needs and using data you can manage the quality of the content as a professional.
- You’re fluent in verbal and written English. You appreciate and have an interest in different cultures and being capable in any other language at any level might just show that.
Other things you should know
- You’ll be working from our London office.
- A permit / visa or similar to work in the UK required.
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to work for the largest and most recognisable brand in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries.
- Working with an ambitious and super creative team, learning everything about the ins and outs of running a fast paced business.
- A very competitive base salary with the potential for options.
- Great office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world.
- Potential for travel for the business around the world.
- Varied workload, never complacent.
- Friends and Family discounts on our products.