League of Legends Performance Coach
Do you wanna be a part of the greatest and most accomplished League of Legends franchise in the Western World? Does leading individuals towards global success excite you? Are you solving problems before they even become apparent?
Directing the most widely supported esports team in Europe doesn’t come easily, but you’ll be in the position of developing a team spearheading a fast-paced, ever-growing industry.
Context of the role
Looking forward to the 2018 season, we at Fnatic are looking to continue our investment into our infrastructure and support staff.
Therefore, Fnatic is looking to welcome a performance coach in order to strengthen player synergy and teamwork.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will:
- Lead and inspire a team consisting of highly talented athletes from various backgrounds;
- Along with coach and manager, develop the best possible environment for players;
- Develop synergy and trust within the team;
- Constantly work on improving communication within the team;
- Keep motivation of players and staff high;
- Work with each player individually to help set personal and professional goals;
- Track players’ individual progress and support players along the way to achieving their goals;
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses within the team and communicating this knowledge to the players and coaching staff;
- Frequently evaluate the mindset and attitude of the individuals in the team and provide them with suitable feedback, balanced criticism and motivating comments;
- Work with players on developing emotional intelligence and tenacity;
- Act as a mediator.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Qualification, certificate or degree in human science (psychology, psychotherapy, counselling etc.)
- A background in coaching or sports psychology
- Minimum of 3 years experience in their field
- Base knowledge of League of Legends preferred, although not required
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- Additional languages will be considered as a big plus: German, Korean, French or Scandinavian languages are preferred.
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to work for the largest and most recognisable global brand in one of the most exciting and rapidly expanding industries;
- Working with a talented, international and driven team of people who all share the same passion: eSports;
- Fast-paced, fun and friendly team working environment;
- You’ll be given independence which will allow you to grow quickly and gain a lot of experience in a constantly growing industry;
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities;
- Great potential for personal development and to make your mark in an international business setting.
- Competitive salary;
- Food, travel and accommodation covered depending on applicant's circumstances;
- Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.