A little about us
We are Fnatic born in 2004 into the new world of electronic sports (Esports), our charismatic pro-gamers have won thousands of tournaments across more than 20 games, the most out of any organisation. Through these achievements, we’ve grown to over 10 million fans on social media, with 100’s of millions more watching our pro-gamers compete globally each month.
Our mission is to lead the new world sport into every household through contents products and experiences, with the goal of becoming the first globally recognised lifestyle brand emerging from Esports.
As the Finance Director of Fnatic you will work directly with the CEO and Board to ensure the efficient, innovative and compliant management of all our financial endeavours.
Your task is to keep us one step ahead of our financial needs whether that's through clever management of our business entities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Financial analysis, reporting and structuring of our entire group's profitability, providing insight and support in driving the long term vision of the business.
- Preparing, managing and updating the quarterly and monthly budgets in co-operation with the responsible department heads.
- Provide monthly financial reports, outlining the company’s financial performance against targets and keeping up an accurate balance and cash flow.
- Manage all Fnatic accounts, reconciling incomings and outgoings into the finance files.
- Be the sole liaison with Fnatic’s accountant ensuring accurate bookkeeping.
- Day-to-day accounting activities, creating invoices, chasing payments and managing payroll.
- Pro-actively advise the CEO on cost-efficiency and revenue improvement proposals.
- Manage Fnatic’s contracts and act as a day-to-day contact with legal advisors when appropriate.
- Assistance and support with investor relations and funding rounds.
- Supervision and management of one direct report and indirect management of the Fnatic Gear Financial Controller for Group reporting purposes.
- Support and administration of SANNPA Board Meetings
- Consolidation and preparation of SANNPA Group Annual Accounts and Monthly Group management accounts and Board reports
- You’ll be part of the Fnatic management team, as and such you’ll have the opportunity to take part in the overall strategy discussion with the team.
- Continuous update and improve finance management and improved process, documents and systems
- Cash management, fp&a, governance, controls and system, financial strategic
Skills we believe are required to be successful
- Experienced and qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- International - Variety of tasks/businesses
- Extremely accurate and reliable as you will be dealing with sensitive matters.
- A healthy portion of curiosity that nurtures your professional interest and interest in others.
- Experience with financial software where experience with Xero will definitely help you to make a flying start.
- Proficient in office applications, in particular accounting software, Excel and presentation software (e.g. Powerpoint).
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Any other languages are welcome as we’re an international business.
- Be able to operate under a matrix reporting structure and manage various stakeholders needs and expectations
- A keen interest in gaming and eSports as this is what we talk about all day!
- Start-up experience highly regarded
Other things you should know
- You’ll be working from our London office.
- A permit / visa or similar to work in the UK required.
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to work for the largest and most recognisable brand in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries.
- Working with an ambitious and super creative team, learning everything about the ins and outs of running a fast paced business.
- A very competitive base salary with the potential for options.
- Great office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world.
- Potential for travel for the business around the world.
- Varied workload, never complacent.
- Friends and Family discounts on our products.