League of Legends Team Director
Do you wanna be a part of the greatest and most accomplished League of Legends franchise in the Western World? Does leading individuals towards global success excite you? Are you solving problems before they even become apparent?
Directing the most widely supported esports team in Europe doesn’t come easily, but you’ll be in the position of developing a team spearheading a fast-paced, ever-growing industry.
Summary of the Position
The role as Team Director is to lead, support and develop Fnatic's League of Legends division and its individuals. The position is full-time and the job placement is in Berlin, Germany with the exception of the tournaments and promotional events which may require international travelling.
- You are in charge of the overall management of the Fnatic League of Legends team, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Hiring of players and supporting staff;
- Event planning and general scheduling;
- Finance and forecasting;
- Players’ conditions and well-being in the Fnatic premises and during events;
- Educating players about Fnatic’s policies, ongoings and plans;
- First point of contact to game developer(s) and tournament organiser(s).
- You will assist the Fnatic content and creative teams in the production of content and social media related deliverables about the team and its players. Ensuring that these obligations are carried out by the players or relevant staff in a timely fashion.
- The successful applicant will project manage the inbound requests from partners with help from Fnatic’s partnership team.
- You are expected to play an active role in the community by using social media, Reddit and making yourself available for interviews.
- The Team Director will ensure that the division’s players use, promote and assist in the development of Fnatic and sponsor related products, services and clothing.
- You will represent Fnatic alongside the Head Coach and/or the Chief Gaming Officer in match conflicts and other sports related disputes.
- You will educate players in sportsmanship, fair play and gaming ambassadorship.
- As the Team Director you are required to run and attend meetings with the other business functions in Fnatic. The main purpose of these meetings is to establish structure and transparency about the ongoings in Fnatic.
- Together with the Head Coach you will scout for new talent and creating a shortlist of prospective players.
- A minimum of two years experience as a leader in professional gaming or sports.
- Competitive person that knows what it takes to win.
- The ability to lead, inspire and educate the current and next generation of professional gamers.
- Good understanding of the League of Legends competitive scene.
- Being ready to walk the extra mile for players when needed.
- Outgoing, social and likable.
- Capable of dealing with a diverse group of individuals with different backgrounds and languages.
- Fluent in English, writing and speaking. Additional skills in European languages is a bonus.
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to work for the largest and most recognisable global esports brand in one of the most exciting and rapidly expanding industries!
- Working with a talented, international and driven team of people who all share the same passion: esports;
- Fast-paced, fun and friendly working environment;
- You’ll be given independence, which will allow you to grow quickly and gain a lot of experience in a constantly growing industry;
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities;
- Great potential for personal development and to make your mark in an international business setting.