Hello fancy fingers.
Let me put this in the simplest possible terms: Fnatic are building the future of sports and we need someone to tell our story.
It’s a big gig. A chance to put your own fabulously unique, energetic, playful stamp on a brand that’s changing the world one video game at a time. The truth is writing for Fnatic is such an extremely important part of the future of our company, that this is, well, a plea. A plea to those that understand the nuances of prose, that can turn bland into bang, that get tone of voice and blend attitude and wit for a purpose.
As Marketing Copywriter at Fnatic, you’ll be in charge of our outward voice and written imprint of our brand. You will act not only as a gatekeeper for the way our personality shows to the outside world but also as a creative driver, able to nurture and develop our identity as we grow. You’ll work closely with all facets of the biz, from marketing campaigns to product development and your words will appear in all manner of forms from retail packaging, in-store slogans, catchy subject lines, straps for apparel, and even cheeky head-turners sprayed onto the walls of event toilets, putting a smile on faces in unexpected places.
You will be pivotal in ensuring we’re building on our culture and delivering against the company vision and mission, by creating a genuine prose with a consistent tone of voice that makes us uniquely identifiable. If you fancy making a mark on this world one character at a time, read on.
Your mission is to:
- Write clear and concise copy that is original, inspirational and engaging in Fnatic’s distinctive voice across products, campaigns, video productions, packaging or social
- Switch hats to match specific target markets, and create the focused messages that demand consumption, across any vertical or niche
- Brainstorm and come up with on-brand ideas, solo or leading a wider group
- Collaborate with other teams (Product, Content, Partnerships, Production etc.) on developing new projects
- Present and sell ideas to key stakeholders
- Proof for spelling and grammar and ensuring our words reach our audience error free
- Master the art of witty copy that delivers on its purpose… make people feel like they aren’t being sold to
We're looking for:
- Someone funny with a love for writing authentic words that appeal to youth audiences
- Previous delivery of compelling and creative messaging, and high-level brand communications, including slogans for global campaigns and marketing communications or packaging
- Ideally 2-3 years copywriting experience, with a marketing focus rather than editorial
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, and deliver to deadlines without compromising quality
- The devil in the details. No error or spelling mistake is left unturned
- Comfort being the voice of tone of voice. You're passionate about making sure we stick to our tone of voice which is relevant and engaging to our audience. You just get it.
- A strong imagination and creative mind
- Understanding the world of sports, entertainment, and music and our role as a lifestyle brand startup within it
- Being smart and someone who gets shit done
- Fluency in other languages desirable
What we have to offer:
- Work for the largest and most recognisable brand in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world
- A full stack of tech and gear to perform at the office, in game and just to make you happy!
- Friends and Family discounts on our products
Other things you should know
- Please include links to your content or portfolio in your application