A little about us
We are Fnatic - born in 2004 into the new world of esports. Since then, our pro-gamers have won thousands of tournaments across more than 20 games, the most of any organisation. Through these achievements, we’ve created a community of over million fans, with 10s of millions watching our pro-gamers compete globally each month.
Our mission is to lead this new world sport into every household through content, products and experiences, becoming the first globally recognised lifestyle brand emerging from esports. We need you to help us achieve this.
Given the explosive of esports and the continued growth of our brand as a whole, we’re in need of the next smart, driven Fnatic to join the ride.
What is the role?
As PR Manager at Fnatic, you will be a pivotal part of our London team as one of the leaders of our outward voice and amplification of our global mission. You’ll oversee all press related matters, both inbound and outbound to ensure we're maximising exposure which helps accomplish our company goals.
It will be your responsibility to maintain an active outbound press pipeline whether that's for our next generation of products, or to our expanding activities in the rapidly changing world of esports, such as publicising a major championship win or the signing of a new global partner. That means you will have a close relationship with all the internal teams, from marketing to pro gaming, proactively anticipating upcoming interesting narratives.
You won't settle for the basics, constantly looking to find the correct angle with the correct publication to deliver a story that adds value for that publication, whilst achieving our goals. You'll often be the public face of the company, maintaining relationships across various sectors and speaking on the companies behalf. You're an excellent writer, able to quickly prepare a release and shoot it out to your curated and managed list of contacts, all of which you aim to have a personal amicable relationship with.
You're ambitious and excited by the potential of our sector, joining our expanding team of over 70 employees and 40 players across 5 international offices.
If this is you, read on:
Your mission is to:
- Develop and take ownership of a communications plan including objectives, strategy, goals, tactics and success metrics
- Research market media targets to develop customised strategies and approaches
- Manage media inquiries and prepare interview manuscripts
- Develop PR key messages, Q&A, releases and other necessary materials to support, media pitching, story development, players and executive interviews
- Evaluate opportunities for business partnerships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders and influencers to increase industry awareness
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Lead any external PR Agency relationships, manage and control budgets
- Ongoing pitching of top-tier press (sports, tech, mainstream and consumer/entertainment) in line with agreed storylines, across Fnatic’s major brands
What will equip you for the challenge:
- A proven track record for getting coverage that delivered against all success metrics
- Solid experience working in public relations & marketing (5+years) exhibiting consistent growth
- Hunger to foster, grow and maintain an already strong set of media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Stellar experience designing and executing successful PR campaigns in coordination with marketing objectives in target markets
- Proactive and solution-oriented thinking, with the ability to anticipate future needs in a changing environment
- Being the devil in the details. No error or spelling mistake is left unturned.
- Experience in preparing and coaching internal staff or players
- A BA and/or MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism or related discipline
- Understanding of the world of sports, video games/tech, entertainment, and music and our role as a lifestyle brand startup within it
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication; any other languages are welcome
- Being someone who is smart and gets shit done
What we have to offer
- The opportunity to work for the largest and most recognisable brand in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries.
- Work with an already ambitious and super creative team with people from Uni Lad, Google, Mercedes F1, learning everything about the ins and outs of running a fast paced startup.
- Frequent office lunch clubs, office parties with a social and rad team.
- Great office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, as well as 8 other locations around the world from Berlin to LA.
- Eligible for a pension plan scheme.
- A full stack of tech and gear to perform at the office and in game. Friends and Family discounts on our products.